For five generations, the Turner family has humbly and honorably served their friends
and neighbors in the funeral business.
J.C. Turner first served his community as early as 1890 by building caskets in his
livery stable under the watchful eye of his young son John at Frisco, OK, northwest
of Yukon. John grew and so did the need for funeral assistance. By July 5, 1905,
John began offering funeral goods and services throughout Canadian County. At that
time most funeral services were provided at the home of the deceased. Soon he attended
Eckels Derma-Surgical College and School of Ultra Embalming in Philadelphia, PA,
and John became one of the first certified embalmers in Oklahoma, graduating April
24, 1914. John moved his funeral business out of the Turner Hardware when he built
the first full-service funeral home in Yukon, OK. Soon, his sons Archie, Ralph,
and Martin joined him as funeral directors and embalmers.
On December 14, 1941, Martin Turner graduated from Cincinnati College of Embalming
in Cincinnati, OH. From April 1949-January 1989, Martin and his wife Vera Lee made
their home in Geary, OK, owning and operating the Turner Funeral Home as well as
the Turner Ambulance service and Vera Lee’s Flower Shop. Martin was one of the first
funeral director’s in Oklahoma to become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician,
graduating April 25, 1969, in New Orleans, LA.
Their son David followed the family tradition and began working in the funeral home
in 1961 before attending and graduating from the Dallas Institute of Mortuary Science
in Dallas TX, August 20, 1971. Dave along with his wife Nancy purchased the Hinton-Turner
Funeral home from Martin and Vera Lee in 1974 and the Turner Funeral Home in Geary
on January 1, 1989.
As the family tradition continues, Andee joined his family’s businesses after graduating
from the Dallas Institute of Mortuary Science in Dallas, TX, December 5, 1997. On
March 1, 2000, they opened the Turner Funeral Home in Binger, OK. Andee’s wife Kori
Turner graduated with a Mortuary Science Degree from the University of Central Oklahoma
May 10, 2002. Andee and Kori then purchased the funeral homes from Dave and Nancy
February 1, 2007; on January 14, 2010, they added a full-service crematory at their
location in Hinton.
Our time-honored pledge is to serve each family with the same care, respect, dignity,
and patience that we would expect for our own family in time of need.